Monday 28 November 2016

Self Supporting Structures Remix

So for the next project in my 3D object design class we've been paired up and have to make a remix of two of the objects (done by both of us) of our choosing. Anyway the two we've decided on are the ones shown below!



This object done by Olivia Carr, you can find more of her stuff at: http://olivias3dobjectcreation.blogspot.ca/

She's done some pretty cool stuff with mixing our concepts together!



This one is my own. Now moving on to the remixed objects I've created, and as I've mentioned before you can find Olivia's concepts at: http://olivias3dobjectcreation.blogspot.ca/.



The first mix of the two I designed. Pretty basic but I wanted to start of simple.



Aaannnnnnd this one kinda jetted off of the first. I really just tried messing with the form of the thing.



And now I've started playing with the "cut out" Olivia had in her original object. Some of them have some complex geometry in the "cut out", and I wasn't quite sure if that looked right to me. So on the upper left hand object I simplified it quite a bit, I thought that looked a lot better, sooooooo I kept the idea!



And from that I thought it might be cool to form more of a vase kind of shape. Again with the same type of simple geometry.



Then I began to think that the simple texture of the vase was kinda plain, and boring, so I thought to add some soft spine-like bubble things on the outside, as well as a bit more of a "rippled" extrusion.



And this is the same object as seen above, just contorted in different ways.

I think if i had to choose one that I liked best it would have to be this baby right here: 
it's slightly more simple than the two above it, and I kinda like that, I feel if the object is too complicated it can take away some of the simplistic ascetic I associate with a 3D printed object.

So there ya have it, hopefully Olivia and I can find one we both agree on! Or even mash some of them up even further. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment